Back to School 2022-2023
Helpful Links 2022
School Calendar and Hours
First Day of School:
Thursday, September 8th
Kindergarten - Fifth grade:
8:10 am - 2:30 pm. Doors will close at 8:15 am
3K and Pre-K:
8:10 am - 2:30 pm. Doors will close at 8:25 am.
Please be advised that on 9/8, 9/9, and 9/12, we will have a staggered schedule for 3K and PreK students only to help students and families adjust. More information will be shared with 3K and Pre-K families.
Back to School Letter from Mr. Daliposki:
Please review the August Back to School Letter from Mr. Daliposki
Download the eChalk Notify App to get important mobile alerts
Download the eChalk Notify App for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Just search for “eChalk Notify.”
Login with your school's eChalk Notify Alert Code (A62884). Click on “Proceed without logging in” > Settings icon > + > enter your school’s alert code > Connect to receive emergency alert notifications only.
Consent to COVID-19 Testing for your Child (Grades 1-5)
COVID-19 testing of students (grades 1 through 12) and staff is an important part of how New York City is protecting our school communities. In order for your child in to participate in the in-school COVID testing program, it is important that you provide consent. You can fill out the testing consent form in your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) or download a printable version at schools.nyc.gov/covidtesting. Don’t have an NYC Schools Account? Learn how to get started at schools.nyc.gov/NYCSA.
August 31, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope that you are finding time to rest and enjoy what is left of the summer with your loved ones. On September 13th, we are looking forward to welcoming back our students and staff in the building for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. We hope that this year will continue to be a great year in a safe learning environment.
At this time, I can share the following information. Please be advised that this information can change and will depend on the guidance that is issued by the Department of Education and Department of Health.
- Schools will open for in-person learning on September 13, 2021.
- The can find the 2021-22 NYC Calendar using the following below:
- For the safety of all students and staff, we will continue the same arrival and dismissal procedures that we used during the 2020-21 school year.
- Students will continue to wear a mask
- Parents must complete the daily health screener
- Temperature will be taken.
- I will send your child’s class information to their nycstudents.net account this Thursday, September 2, 2021.
- Arrival/Dismissal: Each grade will have designated doors and stairwells for entry and dismissal. Please see the maps for your grade and entrance, which will be posted on our website and shared in your child’s teacher assignment letter. In addition, signage will be posted at each door to ensure that you are using the correct entrance.
- School Times:
- Kindergarten - Fifth grade: 8:10 am - 2:30 pm. Doors will close at 8:15 am
- 3K and Pre-K: 8:20 am - 2:40 pm. Doors will close at 8:25 am. Please be advised that on 9/13, 9/14, and 9/15, we will have a staggered schedule to help students and families adjust. More information will be shared next week.
- Students are expected to be on time. Any students that arrive after the doors are closed must report to the main entrance.
- Cleaning/disinfection measures will continue in the 2021-2022 school year.
For all up-to-date information, please visit our website (www.ps199q.org) and to receive important mobile alerts, download the eChalk Notify App. This will ensure that up-to-date information is shared with all families.
- Download the eChalk Notify App for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Just search for “eChalk Notify.”
- Login with your school's eChalk Notify Alert Code (A62884). Click on “Proceed without logging in” > Settings icon > + > enter your school’s alert code > Connect to receive emergency alert notifications only.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out by emailing me at email@example.com. I will hold a virtual Coffee with Admin and Ms. Becco on Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. The link to this meeting can be found on our website.
Please continue to enjoy the remainder of your summer.