Message from the Principal
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope that you are finding time to rest and enjoy what is left of the summer with your loved ones. On September 13th, we are looking forward to welcoming back our students and staff in the building for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. We hope that this year will continue to be a great year in a safe learning environment.
At this time, I can share the following information. Please be advised that this information can change and will depend on the guidance that is issued by the Department of Education and Department of Health.
- Schools will open for in-person learning on September 13, 2021.
- The can find the 2021-22 NYC Calendar using the following link:
- For the safety of all students and staff, we will continue the same arrival and dismissal procedures that we used
during the 2020-21 school year.
- Students will continue to wear a mask
- Parents must complete the daily health screener
- Temperature will be taken.
- I will send your child’s class information to their nycstudents.net account this Thursday, September 2, 2021.
- Arrival/Dismissal: Each grade will have designated doors and stairwells for entry and dismissal. Please see the
maps for your grade and entrance, which will be posted on our website and shared in your child’s teacher
assignment letter. In addition, signage will be posted at each door to ensure that you are using the correct
- School Times:
- Kindergarten - Fifth grade: 8:10 am - 2:30 pm. Doors will close at 8:15 am
- 3K and Pre-K: 8:20 am - 2:40 pm. Doors will close at 8:25 am.
- Students are expected to be on time. Any students that arrive after the doors are closed must report to the
- Cleaning/disinfection measures implemented last year will continue in the 2021-2022 school year.
For all up-to-date information, please visit our website (www.ps199q.org) and to receive important mobile alerts,
download the eChalk Notify App. This will ensure that up-to-date information is shared with all families.
- Download the eChalk Notify App for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Just search for
- Login with your school's eChalk Notify Alert Code (A62884). Click on “Proceed without logging in” > Settings
icon > + > enter your school’s alert code > Connect to receive emergency alert notifications only.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will hold a virtual Coffee with Admin and Ms. Becco on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. The link to this meeting can be found on our website.
Please continue to enjoy the remainder of your summer.